The Council on Aging's mission is
to support seniors, living at home, for as long as they remain safe and
healthy. We nurture mind, body and spirit by helping to overcome physical barriers,
enhancing mental acuity and befriending our clients.
You can take action in your home and in your community and across the country -
here are a variety of ways to help:
- Join the Red Cross and other local organizations as part of a coalition committed to improving fire safety in your community.
- Sign on to volunteer with a coalition-planned home fire preparedness activity in your area, such as neighborhood canvassing, a smoke alarm installation rally or a youth-education activity.
- Connect with your local coalition to learn how you can help support preparedness in at-risk neighborhoods in your community.
- Take steps to become more prepared at home and help your neighbors do the same (download the Team Red Cross App to learn how).
- Donate to support national safety and preparedness efforts.
How can I learn more? Contact your local Red Cross!
Download the “Team Red Cross” app from your smartphone app store.